Tax planning & counseling, preparation of tax returns, and tax exemption & compliance, are among our most sought after services. Our tax approach is tailored to be responsive to the Client's needs, both with respect to planning and compliance issues. Tax planning to achieve the most advantageous tax position is an integral part of our services. We are proactive in providing tax planning suggestions on an ongoing basis. Our services include the following:
- Exempt Organization - We pioneered tax exemption for homeowner associations in the greater Houston area over 25 years ago. We provide application for tax-exempt status, preparation of the informational tax returns required by the IRS, and maintenance of tax-exempt status. Nationally, we are one of the leaders in this unique area of tax law. We have successfully helped hundreds of clients in this area.
- Sales Tax Refunds - We assist our tax exempt homeowner association clients in obtaining Texas sales tax refunds.
- IRS Tax Refunds - We assist our tax exempt homeowner association clients in obtaining federal income tax refunds.
- Individuals - We assist in the planning and preparation of all necessary federal tax returns, reports and estimates.
- Corporations and Partnerships - We assist in the preparation of all federal and state tax returns. We provide tax planning for business formation, acquisitions, mergers, sale of business assets, and liquidation. We provide tax research on existing problems and help our clients anticipate future tax problems in order to minimize tax liability.
- Representation before the IRS - During our years of experience dealing with many taxing authorities, we have achieved a level of competence that can ensure our clients they are being properly represented before the various federal and state tax agencies.
- Tax Planning - We place a significant emphasis on advance tax planning, particularly with respect to prospective transactions. Our approach to tax planning has several objectives, including minimizing the impact of taxes to the Client, obtaining the best financial reporting results, and planning transactions in order to minimize disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and other taxing authorities.
The objective of our audit strategy is simple -- we want to add value and enhance the well-being of the Client. Many ingredients are combined to bring the client value. One of those ingredients is perspective. We bring the commitment and insight of our many years of experience serving small businesses and common interest realty associations. We continually search for methods and approaches that allow our clients flexibility while enabling us to maximize the business value of our work.
We believe that communication is a key ingredient in any business relationship. We are committed to a proactive relationship including significant top level involvement which affords us the ability to make informed decisions quickly. It is our intention to work with our clients in identifying and resolving significant accounting matters on a timely basis.
As professional standards become increasingly stringent, we use state of the art analytical software geared to our corporate audit clients to enhance the audit process. Our software allows us to streamline our analytical review process and consistently meet these requirements, thereby enabling us to:
- Comply with new risk-based guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Generate consistent documentation for audit work papers.
- Automate complicated analytical review calculations and time-consuming industry research.
Our firm maintains a vast array of consulting skills to assist our clients in dealing with complex management issues. We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting our clients. We have extensive experience in working with clients on:
- Merger, acquisition and divestiture decisions - We are able to provide management with information and reporting to assist in these decisions, as well as guidance throughout this most important facet in the life of a business.
- Planning for the most advantageous business entity type (partnership, C corporation, S corporation, or LLC) - We have worked with clients in many different industries in structuring entities to achieve the objectives of the owner or owners.
One of the services we are most proud of is our financial analysis software suite that enables us to turn financial statements into plain language written reports. The reports use ratio and trend analysis as well as industry comparisons to analyze a business clients' or non-profit clients' financial health. The reports range from 3-8 pages in length depending on the type of report selected. We create a customized report that helps clients understand their financial statements. The reports can be customized to:
- Provide in-depth financial analysis and more granular forecasting from historical numbers.
- Help clients make better business decisions by generating "what-if" scenarios before committing to a course of action.
- Provide industry benchmarking using comprehensive, non-profit and private company industry data platforms that allow us to gather real-time industry data and specific industry recommendations. Clients can compare their financial metrics with their peer groups.
- Offer practical industry-specific advice on how to improve a particular business' performance in sales, profitability, and liquidity.
- Prepare for informal exit or succession planning using customized valuation calculations.